Entry #1. Blogs Galore

Blogs come in abundance, there are several types of blogs written by several types of people. Now I like information as much as the next guy there are so many blogs out there that they never drew interest from me so I personally never cared for them. However, in my research, I have noticed a couple blogs that caught my interest. The first of these was from Billboard, what I liked about this blog is that it provides information on what's going on in music while also being objective. What I also liked is that format isn't distracting and it is short and to the point. The author in this entry for this blog wanted to bring attention to one of Drake's most popular songs from his new album and even provided a link to the song they were talking about. The author even had a side post nearby in case people wanted to read more. There is not much I don't like about the blog and believe this is how blogs should be conducted. 
The next blog I visited was TMZ. I wasn't too big a fan of this blog style, this is mainly because it felt like everything was thrown in your face. From the captions to images, to even ads. The only thing that didn't feel distracting was the other stories on the page. What I did like about this page was the diction and how it was written. This entry was different than the one from Billboard as the author for TMZ was a little less professional than the author from Billboard. The author's clear purpose was to get the story out as soon as it breaked but did include relevant images to the story which was Cardi B's pregnancy. One of the images shown was Offset and Cardi with the baby.
The final blog I visited was https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/overrated-or-underrated-fortnite-mcdonalds-twitch-the-rock-robinhood-more/. I had actually heard of this man from Tiktok but this person's blog was as interesting as he was. I really liked how this website was organized; there was no distracting ads, everything was relevant to the entry, and he provided insightful information. The blog was organized very well and the format was inmpecible. It was written this way because the author wanted to make sure the focus was on the content and not on anything else. The author provided gifs that were funny and still went with the content. The author's purpose was to have fun with the audience and not waste their time.

Comments

  1. Hi, I agree with TMZ's unprofessional and insensitive writing. I can also say I heard of Gary V through Tiktok, and am interested in giving his blog a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Geo, I agree with your list so much almost to a T. I did not realize Billboard was considered a blog, it is one I am on all the time to keep up with new music. I agree a lot about TMZ, its very unprofessional. Not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afternoon Geo, TMZ could be very confusing at times. However, you find information everywhere which is a huge plus. Also I sort of enjoyed more TMZ rather than Billboard. This is because it got boring after reading so much. It all depends on what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #6. LAKESHOW

Entry #3. Sour not sweet